EFFINGHAM, IL-(Effingham Radio)-The Community Foundation of Southeast Illinois is pleased to announce the Siemer Milling Endowment Fund for Youth Leadership Development awarded eight grants totaling $44,790 to the following individuals
- The Southern Illinois Girl Scouts received $5,000 to use for the Effingham County Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- The Study Shoppe has received $10,540 for free after-school programs for students for the 2022-23 school year.
- Immanuel Lutheran Church After School Care received $3,500 for the Immanuel Altamont After School Care Fund.
- Buckeye Friends School received $6,500 for its Let There Be Light project.
- New Hope Church received $5,000 for its youth internship program.
- Mid-Illinois Big Brothers Big Sisters received $5,000 for youth programming and education.
- FBLA (Eastern Region) Stewardson-Strasburg received $3,000 for the Future Business Leaders of America – Eastern Region Leadership Conference.
- Effingham Child Development Center received $5,000 to build an inclusive center today for a better community tomorrow.
Shown in LR’s collage: Row 1: Photo from left, Katie Siemer Summers, board chair of Siemer Milling Company; Loretta Graham, CEO of Girl Scouts of Southern Illinois; Kristen Bertrand, Program Officer, SICF and Right Photo, Katie Siemer Summers, Nancy Marchewski and Tami Meinhart, Directors of The Study Shoppe, Kristen Bertrand
Second Row: Pictured from left, Katie Siemer Summers, Vernon Spilker, Pastor/Director of Immanuel Lutheran Church After School Program, Kristen Bertrand; Middle photo, Katie Siemer Summers, Kristie Campbell, principal/founder of Buckeye Friends School and Buckeye students, Kristen Bertrand; Pictured right, Katie Siemer Summers, Braden Kiser and Aaron Golden, New Hope Church youth pastor, Kristen Bertrand
Third Row: Photo from left, Katie Siemer Summers, Stacey Rios, BBBS of Mid-Illinois Executive Director, Kristen Bertrand and photo from right, Katie Siemer Summers, Emma Sayers, Future Business Leaders of America, Stewardson-Strasburg, Kristen Bertrand
The Siemer Milling Company Endowment for Youth Leadership Development, a fund of the Southeastern Illinois Community Foundation, was established in 2006 to provide an ongoing source of funding for Effingham County programs that support the development of young leaders. Since its inception, the Siemer Milling Company Endowment has donated more than $350,000 to nonprofit organizations serving Effingham County.
For more information, please contact Alex Pleasant, CEO/President, at 217-342-4988 or [email protected].