The JN Tata Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarship to Indians at the start of an academic year for full-time postdoctoral/doctoral/postdoctoral/research study abroad in any field irrespective of caste, creed , sex or community.
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship Prizes and Awards
- The amount of the loan grant is determined on the basis of the standards provided for this purpose, and does not cover the total cost of studies, and varies between Rs 1,00,000/- and Rs 10,00,000/-. Not all selected scholarship recipients are necessarily eligible for the maximum amount.
- Selected scholarship recipients may also be recommended for partial travel assistance (a maximum of Rs 50,000/-) and a gift award from our allied trusts, as may be decided at the sole discretion of the trustees of the relevant trusts. The price of the gift varies between Rs 2,00,000/- and Rs 7,50,000/- and depends on the academic performance of the candidates in the course for which they are awarded the JN Tata Loan Scholarship. The gift award will only be considered for those who submit proof of relevant academic performance, such as a transcript and progress report.
JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be Indian, under the age of 45 as of June 30, 2022, and a graduate of a recognized Indian university with at least 60% average marks in their undergraduate or postgraduate studies. If the undergraduate degree is not from a recognized university in India, applicants are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates who were not selected the previous year/earlier for the Loan Scholarship and candidates who were not eligible for the Loan Scholarship when selected are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are at the end of the 1st year and entering the second year of their studies abroad (Fall 2022 – Spring 2023) are also eligible to apply. This only applies if the minimum duration of the course is 2 years and there is at least one full academic year remaining to be completed at the time of the award of the loan scholarship, normally in July of any calendar year.
- JN Tata scholars who have fully repaid their existing loan scholarship amount are eligible to apply.
- Candidates in their final year of study and those awaiting results are eligible. Candidates can apply even if they do not have the admission/offer letters at the time of application, from the universities they have applied to for the 2022-2023 academic year. However, they must update the status of their application with the endowment once they have been granted admission by sending an appropriate email to [email protected]
- Applicants going abroad for seminars, conferences, trainings, workshops, paper presentations, undergraduate studies and any postgraduate degree/diploma/certificate through distance or online learning are not eligible to apply.
- The course to which applicants are admitted must be recognized as a graduate program (Post-Graduation in Indian Terminology).
Deadline to Apply for JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship